The Riverwood Conservancy is a volunteer- and member-based charity that provides programs and services to the community in nature and environmental education, stewardship of Riverwood, and gardening and horticulture.
The organization was founded in 1985 under the name Mississauga Garden Council. In 2009, the name was changed to The Riverwood Conservancy to better reflect our mission and activities.
Our MissionThe Mission of The Riverwood Conservancy is to support the City of Mississauga in the growth and development of Riverwood as a public garden, park, and nature preserve and to promote the enjoyment and enrich the experience of Riverwood for visitors and citizens of Mississauga and the surrounding areas.
To accomplish this mission, we are
- Developing and delivering educational programs and services for all ages with particular emphasis upon children and youth
- Providing horticultural, stewardship, heritage and environmental programs and related services
- Organizing and supporting the contributions of volunteers by offering training sessions and by showing appreciation and recognition
- Establishing partnerships with community organizations, institutions and businesses having an interest in the beauty, environmental health, and the natural and cultural heritage of Riverwood and the Credit River
- Providing professional support and administrative services